Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I started my new job today as a gardener and it was tough because we were cutting down trees and uprooting them and there was a big mess to clean up. My 3 colleagues are Mexican and only one of them can speak English.. and even then, it’s atrocious! When the head guy asks me to do something, it’s either through sign language or he gets the guy who speaks the atrocious English to tell me. Sometimes, they would forget and just speak to me in Spanish. I guess this is good in a way as we would hardly talk and I could work in peace. Thankfully, our boss is American and speaks English (he speaks Spanish too) so at least there’s someone for me to talk to!

At the end of the day, I was so tired that when I was cycling home along the beach, I almost knocked down a woman! I managed to swerve in time and only hit her hand. To think that I almost rammed right smack into her sends shivers down my spine! I wanted to stop to see how she was but this thought flashed into my mind: this is America, and Americans LOVE to sue each others’ pants off! So I just yelled out my apology and continued cycling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home